Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Disaster in the kitchen

It is not always that we end up making the perfect dish every day. Disasters are the stepping stone for success. There are days when you try hard for perfection in a recipe but there could be a hundred things interrupting the cooking process. And the final outcome would be one big disastrous meal. Well it has happened to me, quite a few times…J actually several times. Mostly I either let the food burn or else add salt twice not knowing I already added, or else mix up the ingredients for two dishes. Especially during the days of learning, I am sure all of us would have had the same experience. Trust me, it does not continue very often now. And I am sure if it does happen often now, none of you will follow my blog hereon… J

Talking of cooking style….
My cooking style will appear very simple. I focus on making the perfect dish and keeping a clean kitchen. I don’t just stay in the kitchen until I finish something. That way it helps me ease around the house doing other chores, playing with my daughter, or being on the phone etc. Again I have come across people who devote so much of time to cook that they feel they are losing a lot of time only cooking. And to see these people would basically look like they are in a chemistry lab experimenting with turmeric and chilli powder… J lol. Of course I agree not always we get to spend time working parallel while cooking. But when you make it a pleasure to cook, instead of putting a whole lot of pressure, it brings out the best dish ever and the best time you ever had in the kitchen.

Happy cooking!!



No comments:

Post a Comment